SHORT TUTORIAL/FAQ - Is There a Way to Avoid Seeing Online Targeted Ads?
Question: I've noticed that sometimes after doing a web search or
shopping for a particular product, that item shows up all over the place
online. I know about targeted advertising and understand that I'm not
identified personally, but I still find it creepy. Can I make it stop?
Yes. There are at least two ways to do
it. First, through the Network Advertising Initiative:
1) Go to the NAI Consumer Opt Out page.
2) Click Manage My Browser's Opt Outs.
3) Allow the system to check your browser.
4) On the next screen, you'll see a list of NAI members whose targeted
advertising you can opt out of. Check the boxes next to those you want to
opt out of, then click Submit Your Choices at the bottom of the screen.
Or just click Opt Out of All at the bottom.
5) Follow the prompts from there to complete the process.
The second method is to opt out on Google:
1) Log in to your Google account.
2) In the middle column, select Ads Settings.
3) Then click Manage Ads Settings.
4) Click the slider next to Ads Personalization to turn ad
5) On the next screen, click Turn Off.
You can also limit targeted advertising through specific applications
such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Check the help section of each
one to find out how.
Back to Top
We hope you enjoyed this monthly eNewsletter and feel free to view it on our website as well as past issues at https://www.molalla.com/eNewsletters.html
. Tell a friend!
- Your MCC Team
Molalla Communications Company
211 Robbins Street, Molalla, Oregon 97038